The first edition of Camden's Britannica, 1607, gives a map which shows the Tyburn Gallows as a triangular structure outside the north-eastern angle of Hyde Park. This is confirmed by other evidence. It shows clearly that at that period Tyburn Tree was situated at the junction of Edgeware Road, Oxford Street and Bayswater Road.
This is the traditional site of Tyburn Tree. As early as 1393 reference is made to the Tyburn Gallows being beneath the parish of Paddington. This document, dated the 16th year of Richard II is in the possession of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster Abbey.
Starting from the point where the Westbourne crossed Bayswater Road, and moving east, it is found that the two last mentioned fields - Galowmede and Galowfield occupy the north eastern corner of the manor. This evidence shows that these two fields were very near the present Marble Arch.
In a recent study of the rivers of Westminster, London, the route of the two rivers - the Tyburn and the Westbourne are clearly marked (see map below ). But another brook is also indicated. This is Tyburn Brook, the researchers say about this brook that - "The deadly Tyburn Tree, or Deadly Never Green derived its name due to its locality to the Tyburn Brook. The site of the public hanging of criminals and martyrs of the English Reformation.
This Tyburn Brook flows into Hyde Park and runs into the Serpentine. Its source is very close to the Tyburn Convent, near Marble Arch on the Bayswater Road.